By Joe Karaganis, Lennart Renkema
"Copy tradition within the US and Germany" publishes a survey-based examine designed to carry public opinion to endure on very important coverage dialog in regards to the way forward for the net. The learn explores what americans and Germans do with electronic media, what they wish to do, and the way they reconcile their attitudes and values with varied rules and recommendations to implement copyright on-line.
Read Online or Download Copy culture in the US & Germany PDF
Best public affairs & policy books
There's a significant literature at the rules of public management and strong governance, and no scarcity of theoreticians, practitioners and donors desirous to push for public area reform, specifically in less-developed international locations. Papua New Guinea has had its proportion of public region reforms, usually lower than the effect of firm companies and reduction donors.
Utilizing Indianapolis as its concentration, this booklet explores the connection among faith and social welfare. coming up out of the Indianapolis Polis Center’s Lilly-sponsored research of faith and concrete tradition, the publication seems to be at 3 matters: the position of non secular social companies inside of Indianapolis’s better social welfare aid process, either private and non-private; the evolution of the connection among private and non-private welfare sectors; and the way principles approximately citizenship mediated the supply of social providers.
This reader brings jointly key contributions from the various prime students within the box, providing scholars an educated evaluation of the main major paintings in protection experiences. The editors chart the advance of the major theoretical and empirical debates in protection experiences within the chilly struggle and post-Cold struggle sessions, introducing the tips of the main influential ‘past masters’ and modern thinkers on safeguard within the united kingdom, US and in different places.
Spitzer's vintage examine of presidential energy, The Presidency and Public coverage examines the once a year household legislative courses people presidents from 1954-1974 to teach how and in what methods the features in their proposals affected their good fortune in facing Congress (success being outlined as Congress's passing the presidents' legislative proposals within the varieties offered).
Extra info for Copy culture in the US & Germany
7 million allegedly earned from advertising on the site. Germans have clear views about what constitutes due process in copyright infringement cases. Sixty-seven percent indicated that the courts are the proper authority in determining the truth of charges of infringement. American views are somewhat softer. Fifty-four percent say that a court should make the determination of whether a person has committed copyright infringement. Only 18% percent say the music companies or movie studios should make that decision; 15% percent propose that ISPs play that role.
39 COPY CULTURE IN THE US AND GERMANY THE AMERICAN ASSEMBLY | COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY PENALTIES Should Downloading An Unauthorized Song Or Movie Be Punishable? (US) [AMONG ALL ADULTS] Among American 18-29 year olds, only 37% support penalties. 53% oppose them. 34% – No 7% 52% – Yes 6% 1% Depends on the situation Don’t know Refused to answer Should Downloading An Unauthorized Song Or Movie Be Punishable? ” Thirty-four percent oppose penalties altogether, 7% say it depends on the circumstances, and 7% do not know or did not answer.
Fourteen percent agreed with the statement; 60% disagreed. • Germany, 2012: GfK asked about penalties for the narrower act of “making available” infringing content online—a term most likely equated with uploading. ” This contrasts sharply with US copyright law, where the statutory penalty for willful infringement ranges from $750 to $150,000 per act. Fines over $1000 attracted only 9% support. Fines over $100,000 were supported by less than 1% of Americans. Proposed Fine For Downloading One Movie (US) [AMONG THE 51% WHO SUPPORT FINES] $101 – $1,000 19% $11 – $100 49% 5% $1,001 – $5,000 2% 2% 2% 2% $5,001 – $100,000 $10 or less 19% $100,001 – $250,000 Don’t know/refused Depends on the situation Proposed Fine For Downloading One Movie (Germany) [AMONG THE 50% WHO SUPPORT FINES] $101 – $1,000 28% $11 – $100 45% 43 £1,001 – £5,000 8% 2% 1% £5,001 – £100,000 Don’t Know 10% Depends on the situation 5% £10 or less COPY CULTURE IN THE US AND GERMANY THE AMERICAN ASSEMBLY | COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY US supporters of fines were also asked about appropriate penalties for unauthorized downloading of a song.
Copy culture in the US & Germany by Joe Karaganis, Lennart Renkema